Who can guarantee that what you consume is not contaminated with unclean or forbidden substances? This is the main function of the product to have a halal logo and certificate, which is to guarantee the halalness of the product in order to create peace of mind for the people when consuming it.
By having a halal certificate, the product will have many competitive advantages. Halal certificates can guarantee that certain products have been thoroughly studied for the absence of contamination of non-halal and unclean materials so that they are in accordance with Islamic sharia law. Therefore, the display of halal logos and certificates is legally able to convince Muslims to consume these products.
In Indonesia, there is currently only one recognized halal logo, namely the MUI Halal logo. This logo is already known and recognized by various halal certification bodies in the world. To be precise, there are 45 Overseas Halal Certification Bodies (LSHLN) from 26 countries that have been recognized by the MUI. All of them consist of 37 institutions for the slaughtering category, 40 institutions for the raw material category, and 22 institutions for the flavor category.
Why Is That?
LPPOM MUI is the first Halal Certification Body (LSH) in Indonesia that has obtained an SNI ISO / IEC 17065: 2012 accreditation certificate from the National Accreditation Committee (KAN).With this certificate, LPPOM MUI can carry out the functions of a certification body according to international standards.
LPPOM MUI is the first Halal Certification Body (LSH) in Indonesia that has obtained an SNI ISO / IEC 17065: 2012 accreditation certificate from the National Accreditation Committee (KAN). With this certificate, LPPOM MUI can carry out the functions of a certification body according to international standards. In the following year, LPPOM MUI received accreditation to increase the scope of slaughterhouses (RPH)
In addition, LPPOM MUI has also received accreditation from the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) accreditation on the UAE standard 2055:2-2016.
For all these achievements, it is not surprising that products labeled halal MUI can be accepted in countries with the same standard reference, for example the UAE (United Arab Emirates) or countries in the Middle East that are members of the OIC (Organization of Islamic Cooperation).
Business Advantages of Products With the MUI Halal Logo
There are many business advantages that can be obtained by having the MUI halal logo, including:
- Halal from farm to table. With the MUI halal logo, the certainty of all halal materials, processes and distribution is supported by the Halal Assurance System (SJH). The certification system and halal assurance system designed and implemented by LPPOM MUI have also been recognized and even adopted by foreign halal certification bodies.
- Mui’s halal logo has been registered as An Intellectual Property Right (IPR) at the Directorate General of Intellectual Property of the Republic of Indonesia.
- The MUI halal logo is acceptable to countries in the Middle East in international trade.
- The MUI halal logo is acceptable to countries in the Gulf countries in international trade.
- The MUI halal logo can be accepted by 45 Overseas Halal Certification Bodies (LSHLN) from 26 countries recognized by the MUI.
- The MUI halal logo is acceptable in more than 60 countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
Most importantly, products that include a halal logo turned out to be the main choice of Muslims nationally and globally. With all these advantages, it is undeniable that products with the MUI halal logo have the potential to win in the global market. (*)